Saturday 22 August 2020

You're Not You When You're Thirsty

 Hmm, cobwebs. I can clear that. Oh, and some dents, they'll buff out eventually. Oh, is this thing still on? Oh, oh! It is. Sorry, stream of consciousness there, I apologise. I am just finishing off a You're Not You When You're Thirsty from S43. Obviously I picked it up from a delivery from the Crafty One (see here) because they have been amazing over the Lockdown (I mean, they're amazing generally, but offering beer deliveries since March has been amazing. Rubbish for my bank balance, but amazing for all other things).

Would you like to know more?



I got this one aaaaaaaages back and then saved it for reasons. Now, for absolutely no reason whatsoever, I am drinking it. Willow says it tastes exactly like Snickers in a can, and I don't eat Snickers so I don't know. However, I love it. It is a proper filthy peanut stout. 9% ABV, and it tastes like it should be that strength. Chocolate heavy opening, easy on the sides and then a big peanut hit, along with the comfort of a proper viscous malt. Light carbonation, thick texture, no burn on the back of the throat.

It does not taste like it's 9%. It tastes like it *ought* to be that strength, but there's no indication of it being that strength. This is proper stout, it fits. We just had a light meal and the day has been anything but stout-weather. So this is neither fulfilling the dessert role nor serving as a warmer-upper. And yet... And yet, it works. It fits. It's almost decadent but not as rich as some of the bigger and richer stouts that I have had. And that is a good thing. Hardly budget, but worth waiting for.

I love it as a stout. It's like Mr T is right here yelling at me to get me some legumes and doing so in a proper T-90 tank, running at top speed and firing as it gets serious air for an armoured vehicle. Either that, or in the original van saying nothing but looking dangerous and surly as B.A. Baracus. Because, when all is said and done, Mr T was only ever as powerful as Baracus, and that is as it should be. Like the A-Team this may be hard to find but it is not, to my knowledge, still wanted by the US government for a crime it did not commit. I would still like to find more, though, and maybe then I can hire it again.

<cue A-Team theme and bullet shots>

At any moment, drinking this, I feel like an army jeep will do one of those stunts like in the opening titles of the A-Team, the one where one side goes up quicker than the other and it flips. And, as I take a sip, Hannibal appears from the water dressed as a swamp thing, opens his face plate and takes a full cigar. I love it when a stout comes together and I no longer know if I am reviewing the stout or the A-Team. I know I don't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment